HEC Need Based Scholarships
HEC is offering need based scholarships for the local students in Pakistan. These scholarships are offers for those students who wants to continue their Undergraduate and Postgraduate study programs at the different universities of Pakistan. HEC aims to elevate the socio-economic position of the needy & deserving students by providing access to quality education through needs-based scholarships.
Field of Study / Subjects
Applicants can choose any fields of study under this scheme.
Other latest Scholarships in Pakistan are also offered for different degrees and subjects all over the Pakistan.
Number of Scholarships
More than 10,000 scholarships are awarded per year
Duration of Scholarship
Duration of scholarship is Undergraduate 4 years and Graduate 2 year’s programs.
Scholarship Description / Details
Under this program provides funds for the following expenses:
- Tuition Fee
- Other Academics Costs
Local students from within Pakistan, especially from remote and rural areas of Pakistan (FATA, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Southern Punjab, Balochistan, and Northern Sindh)
HEC Need Based Scholarships eligibility criteria:
- Students need to compete for securing admission at the participating institution as per admission policy of the institution and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 Years) / Graduate (2 Years) programs.
- All those needy students who are already enrolled in the participating institutions are also eligible to apply.
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to neediness of the candidate as determined & assessed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee keeping in view the financial background of the family of the applicant.
- The number of G&UG slots will be decided by the universities but weight age will be given to UG slots.
- Funding for G & UG slots will continue for full program and eventually the slots will be replaced by new students. In case of any drop out waiting list students will be replaced.
- Disciplines will be kept open. University will decide to include or exclude any discipline keeping in view its grant, program cost, and number of allocated slots etc.
- In case of Medicine, Pharm-D and other five year programs funding will be made for complete five years.
- Considering the allocated grant, the university may adjust the total number of scholarships to some extent in order to cover the tuition fee as per actual.
- Every student will be paid Rs 6000 stipend per month for the complete program as well as the actual tuition fee.
How to Apply / Download Scholarship Form / Documents Required
- The deserving students can obtain complete Scholarship Application Form from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the participating University/Institution or can be downloaded.
- The Scholarship Form will be submitted along with supporting documents to the same Financial Aid office (at university only) after completion.
- HEC will not accept any application form directly
- Students need to get admission in any one of the approved disciplines at the participating Universities/Institutions as per their admission criteria.
- Contact us
- HRD Building, Higher Education Commission
- H-8, Islamabad
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date to Apply / Deadline: Every year
Official Website: Visit official website