QEC of Women University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir Bagh has a vision to improve and enhance quality education by monitoring of teaching, learning and research process for national and international compatibility.
QEC is committed to ensure and improve the quality of higher education for women at Women University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir Bagh through effective monitoring, providing bench marks for education and research, assessing students and teaching perceptions, analyzing programs and creating conducive learning environment.
The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is headed by the Director QEC; who directly reports to Vice Chancellor and corresponds with outside bodies. Director QEC will make a team of 1-2 members from each academic department offering BS/MS/PhD program. Such team members will be called Program Team Members and they will be responsible to work for quality assurance procedures inside the Department under Head of Department.
Quality Assurance is the responsibility of all stakeholder in the system which include students, faculty and administration so its Procedures are designed in such a way that some procedures are required to implemented at university level as Institute whereas others are required to be implemented at department level in the HEI. These procedures will be implemented by Director QEC under the supervision of VC whereas department level procedures will be implemented by Program Team members and will report to Director QEC and Head of Department. Quality Assurance is focuses mainly to improve quality of Governance, Teaching learning & Research in the Higher Education System. Quality Assurance focus start from Micro to Macro Level in the institute so it covers all major areas of the academic programmes offered in the institute so that better quality of education can be provided to the student.
QEC has the following responsibilities:
- Developing mechanism of Internal Quality Assurance along with External Quality Assurance.
- Implementation of all HEC and HED Punjab Policies and guidelines inside the University and work as custodian of these policies implementation in true spirit.
- Develop program specifications that define the knowledge, understanding, skills, and other attributes of a student on successfully completing a specific program.
- Define clear and explicit quality standards to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained to foster curriculum, student and staff development, research, and other academic activities at Campus.
- Devise methods for evaluating the quality standards that fit in with the national arrangements.
- Review the academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of quality standards.
- Apply Pakistan Qualification Framework (HEC) for curriculum development.
- Help in devising university appointment criteria for faculty and staff in accordance with the revised/ updated HEC Eligibility Criteria.
- HEC Plagiarism policies implementation inside HEIs.
- Research Paper verification and its categorization as per HEC guidelines.
- Work f or accreditation of various academic program from concern council.
- Promote public confidence by ensuring that the quality standards of awarded degrees are preserved and enhanced.
- Approval of new academic program in general with special focus of MS PhD NOC from HEC Islamabad.
- Support to Affiliated colleges in terms of Quality Assurance procedure implementation.
- Self MS PhD Review and Self IPE every year if not conducted by HEC Islamabad.
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring and student perceptions
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality Assurance of Master’s, M. Phil and PhD degree programs
- Examination and academic system at the departmental level may be monitored by the QEC.